PURE Blackcurrant Recovery is a concentrated powder made from real New Zealand Ben Ard blackcurrants.
- 100% New Zealand blackcurrants
- The equivalent of over 30 blackcurrants in every serving
- 150mg of anthocyanins per serve
- Good source of Vitamin C
- 200g pouch is equivalent to over 1kg of fresh blackcurrants
For more information on the benefits of Blackcurrant anthocyanins in sport please check the links in the bottom of the description.
- Nutrition & Usage
New Zealand blackcurrants contain anthocyanins. Anthocyanins give blackcurrants their deep purple colour. We use New Zealand blackcurrant berries and freeze dry them. We then mill the blackcurrants down to a fine concentrated powder that is full of flavour and vitality.
When taken as directed and in conjunction with a healthy & varied diet, the naturally high levels of Vitamin C in blackcurrants help your recovery as it supports immunity and blood vessel structure and function. Vitamin C also contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, so you can stay on top of your game.
For further reading:
"New research highlights sports recovery potential in blackcurrants", NZ Plant & Food Research, June 2009
"New Zealand blackcurrant extract improves cycling performance and fat oxidisation in cyclists", European Journal of Applied Physiology, November 2015
"New Zealand blackcurrant extract improves high-intensity intermittent running", International Journal of Sports Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism, October 2015
"University lecturer to present effects of [New Zealand] blackcurrants on athletes at international conference", University of Chichester, June 2014
CONTENTS: Each 200g pouch of PURE Blackcurrant Recovery powder contains 33 serves (serving size is 1 heaped teaspoon).
• For general wellbeing mix 1 heaped teaspoon with an adequate intake of fluid (water, juice or smoothie) and mix well in a glass or shaker. Try it hot or cold!
• For sport & exercise mix 1 heaped teaspoon with an adequate intake of fluid (water, juice or smoothie) and mix well in a glass, bottle or shaker.
NUTRITION: Please refer to product photos for nutrition details. Or click here:
If you have any questions on this product or how it is used, please get in contact with our friendly team for help:
NZ Freecall: 0800 773 732
Australia Freecall: 1300 736 711