What products should I use? How much? When?
Nutrition plans can be complex depending on the type, duration, intensity and season of your chosen event. Use our race day nutrition guide as a simple starting point and adjust it to suit your needs. Start practising early on in the lead-up to ensure a solid race day performance.
- PURE Beet Endurance for nitrate loading up to 5 days before event to help boost endurance. Learn about the benefits here.
- 1-2 PURE Performance Plus blackcurrant extract capsules daily. Learn about the benefits here.
- PURE Electrolyte Hydration Low Carb for pre event hydrating and electrolyte loading (switch to regular PURE Electrolyte Hydration for carbohydrate loading).
- 1x PURE Gel 15 minutes before the start to top up blood sugar levels.
- 750-900+ mls PURE Electrolyte Hydration per hour to fuel muscles, hydrate and replace lost salts/electrolytes.
- 1-2 Gels per hour. PURE Fluid Energy Gels are light and liquid to consume. PURE Energy Gels are closer to traditional thickness. Both gels come in caffeine and non-caffeine flavours and provide 22-25g of fast absorbing carbohydrates. Learn about gel differences here.
- 1-2 PURE Electrolyte Caps per hour of racing to help prevent cramp and help muscle function. Learn more here.
- For events 2 hours + you may want to upgrade your hydration to PURE Endurance Formula which has added protein to help fuel endurance and support tissue repair in recovery. Begin using this from the start. View hydration comparison chart here.
- PURE Exercise Recovery within 30 minutes to replace fluid, electrolytes, protein and carbohydrates.
- PURE Blackcurrant Recovery
Articles to help plan your event nutrition:
- Event Sports Nutrition 101
- Practical Nutrition Plan - Adventure & Multi-sport
- Race Day Nutrition Tips for Half and Full Marathons
- Planning Your Ultra Marathon Nutrition
- The Importance of Individual Nutrition Planning
- Triathlon Nutrition: Race Day Ready
- Game Day Nutrition Plan: Team Sports
- Hydration Planning for Your Event
- Long Run Nutrition Plan